ECC School Attendance Task Force Library
The SATF is not only an important distribution point for documents relating to student attendance issues, but also produces reports, research documents, and action plans arising from its membership. The SATF library is the repository for these resources.
All documents are in PDF format unless otherwise indicated. Please select from the following menu:
- SATF Resolutions
- Legal Issues
- A Guide to Truancy Prosecution
- Informal Juvenile and Traffic Court: Community Service Availability in IJTC, January 2012
- Informal Juvenile and Traffic Court: IJTC Handling of School Attendance Cases, January 2012
- Los Angeles Daytime Curfew Enforcement Notice
- SB 1317: Approved by the Governor, September 30, 2012
- Tony Cárdenas' Daylight Curfew Truancy Motion, September 16, 2011
- Truancy Law Changes in 2011
- SATF Working Drafts
- City and District Programs
- Contributing Reports and Services
- Addressing the Root Causes of Chronic Absences and Truancy: Developing a Comprehensive Approach to Improving Student Attendance, Academic Engagement & Community Health in Los Angeles County
- Baltimore Students Attendance Campaign — August 9, 2011
- Chronic Absence & Attendance Partnership Report — August 9, 2011
- The Gift of Attendance: Messaging Attendance in the Holiday Season
- LAUSD Presentation: JJCPA Annual Reports — August 9, 2011
- Youth and Family Worksource Centers: A Holistic Approach to Addressing Daytime Curfew Violations
- Tools and Statistics
- Models and Trial Programs
- Online PowerPoint© Presentations (May not display correctly on handheld devices)
Children and Youth
The current state of truancy reduction programs and opportunities for enhancement in Los Angeles County
SATF Published Reports
How to Improve School Attendance: A Practical Guide for School and School Districts
A Comprehensive Approach to Improving Student Attendance in Los Angeles County
SATF Executive Summary, February 2, 2012
The Full Report, February 2, 2012
A Guide to School-Community Best Practices
How to request a printed copy of SATF published reports.
Send a note via email on the Contact the Task Force page. Documents are not always available, and there may be a postal fee. You will be fully informed before anything is mailed to you.
The Department of Public Health assessment of the potential costs and benefits of providing free transportation passes to students in Los Angeles County.
How to Improve School Attendance: A Practical Guide for School and School Districts—ONLINE
The ECC's School Attendance Task Force is pleased to announce the web-friendly version of its technical manual, How to Improve School Attendance: A Practical Guide for Schools and School Districts.
It includes extensive resource material on several major aspects of attendance, including attendance intervention and protocols, student discipline and positive behavioral support, parent involvement, and school/
This new web-
We hope this is helpful to everyone!